Side by Side of Pears: Homemade (left) and Gerber's (right)
Thursday, May 30, 2013
Homemade Never Seemed So Good!
Now that Brooklyn is quite the little eater, I decided to make my own baby food. Mainly, I was convinced by the cost of making my own food. (A container of 5 oz of bananas is the same price for a bunch of bananas. A bunch makes about 25 oz). I also love that I can add a variety to Brooklyn's diet and I'm not stuck with just a few fruits and veggies. Don't get me wrong, I'm still buying some containers of food (I'm not going to make my own prunes) and there is a convenience to store bought but I'm trying to switch to mostly food we have made. Now that I have done a few different fruits and veggies, I'm shocked at how different it looks from the jarred baby food. My food looks far less appealing (color and texture) and that had me wondering what was "added" to make the jarred food look so tasty? I'm not sure anything is added but it does leave me a little cautious. So for now, here's to hoping for a healthier lifestyle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad you found something that works!
ReplyDeleteStill kind of experimenting with it and trying a couple of different things!
ReplyDelete