Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Day!

We tried to keep this year simple and just enjoy being together! Of course, I couldn't resist making Brandon a CD and card (I do love making things!) Sundays are always hard days to celebrate holidays, I think. I never want to detract from the Sabbath but I also enjoy holidays. We started off the morning with heart shaped pancakes, yummy! I thought it would be a nice way to wake up Brandon!
Well we continued the day just eating, mostly! Saturday night we made cookies together, and delivered some to people to in our ward. Of course, we also ate more than our fair share! After going for a walk, we made a great dinner. Brandon cooked some steak he marinated all night. We had potatoes and asparagus as sides. Strangely enough, we realized later, we had eaten the same thing last year for Valentine's Day!
We had a great night being together and I enjoy everyday I get to spend with my husband!

2 comments:

  1. So precious, your first Valentine's as a married couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's especially nice that we are eating on the ground! We are romantic like that :)

    ReplyDelete