Our first Thanksgiving together was great! We wished we could have spent it with family, but we were excited about the opportunity to make a Turkey dinner ourselves (I am so blessed to have a husband who loves to cook). We started the day with the Macy's Parade, as tradition, and then got right into cooking. We did find some time to play a little football :) Brandon did a fantastic butter-herb rub on our turkey and it turned out perfect. We stuck with traditional sides: garlic-mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, rolls, candied yams and beans. Of course, we had way more food than two people can eat but it was tasty! I am not gonna lie, we are pretty proud of ourselves!! Not only did we not burn anything, but the clean up was fast and quick (I have a new appreciation for my Pyrex). The day ended with a fire in our fireplace, pumpkin pie and some Texas football. What a great holiday it has been!

That's my Heisman winner!

Making Thanksgiving Dinner!!!

Best Turkey Carver!

The final product!
You two are so cute! Your dinner looks great!!
ReplyDelete