Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July Week

Last week was an awesome week for our family! My family left for a reunion in Idaho, and, unfortunately, we weren't able to go. However, we had several cars and houses left in our care. Although it required a few chores, there was also an added amount of freedom and fun.

Normally Brandon and I share our car, but this past week we were able to have two cars. To enjoy this added car, Brooklyn and I met Brandon for lunch one afternoon. It was great to steal him away from work for an hour.



Later in the week we celebrated my favorite holiday, the 4th of July. Brandon and I both come from very patriotic families and so we always try to make the most of this holiday. I am so grateful for this holiday that is about remembering, honoring and expressing gratitude.

We took Brooklyn to her first parade and she lasted for most of it. It was during nap time and starting to get hot, but we had a whole arsenal to keep her going for a while.




Later that day, we invited some friends over to my parent's house for some grilling and swimming. We have such great friends and we were glad to celebrate this holiday with them.


Brooklyn and Riley enjoying some swim time!

We finished off the week by going to the Texas State Glass Bottom boat rides in San Marcos. We were surprised how fun it was and even more surprised that Brooklyn enjoyed it.





No comments:

Post a Comment